Monday, February 27, 2023

Writing Part 6- The email

Writing Part 6:  
For more posts on part 6, click on Part 6, Writing, or Emails under Labels.
  • You must write a message of 25 words or more.  Do not count your name or the opening salutation.
  • Use GOOD handwriting. You will not be penalized if you write in CAPITAL LETTERS. 
  • ***Remember: you can always respond, even when you don't know what all the words mean.  
HOW TO WRITE your message:  
1.  Use
 the same format you see on the test. Begin with a salutation: Hello / Hi + name of the person you are writing to, followed by a comma:  Hi Bob
2.
Start a new paragraph and begin with a CAPITAL letter.
3. Answer all 3 parts. 
4. End your letter with: See you soon. / See you later. / Let me know. / Talk to you soon. / Your friend, / Love, / Bye for now,
5. Sign your name 
6.
Count the words (excluding the beginning salutation and your name).

Here is an example of an email with ideas of what to write:
You need to choose a friend to do your school project with. Write an email to your school friend Tim. 
  • ask Tim to do the project with you;
  • say when you can meet
  • tell Tim what to bring
Hi Tim,
Would you like to do the school project with me? (10 words)
Can you do the school project with me? (8 words)
Will you do the school project with me? 
(8 words)

We can meet at my house after basketball practice. (9 words)
We can meet after school in the library. (8 words)
We can meet at 5 p.m.      (5 words)

Why don't we meet....?
Let's meet....
How about meeting....?
I would like to meet...


Please bring your computer and your dad's digital camera. 
(9 words)
Bring a notebook and your mobile phone. (7 words)

Let me know.  (3 words)
See you soon.

Write me soon.
Bye for now.

Your friend,    (2 words)

Sign your name     

Now it's your turn. Try answering this email from your English friend Joe. Remember, you must write at least 25 words.
1

Write an email to Joe and answer the questions.
Write 25 words or more.
Write the email on your answer sheet.

2   Answer this email from your friend Liam. Remember, you must write at least 25 words.
Hi,
I'm going to be in your town next week. Could you tell me about a good place to eat? What's the food like? Where is it?
Thanks,
Liam

Write an email to Sam and answer the questions. Write 25 words or more. 
Hi,
I want to ask you something. I'm really bored. Can I borrow something to read from you? What do you think I will enjoy? And when would you like it back? 
I hope it's OK. Cheers!
Sam

1 comment:

Maica Aguiar said...

Great tips!!

Thank you.

Maica