Thursday, March 28, 2019

The different meanings of LIKE


    
 
What's the weather like? It's sunny and warm.
What was the weather like yesterday? It was cold and rainy. 

What's Brad like?   He's smart, sweet and very funny! 
WHAT does he look like?   He is tall and muscular and has black hair and green eyes.
WHO does he look like?  He looks like his mom. 
(For more ideas, check the ADJECTIVEs + Describing people page above OR CLICK HERE)

What do you like doing on weekends?  
I like going out for a pizza with my friends.
What do you like to do on weekends?  I like to read books and relax. 
  
What would you like for lunch?  I'd like some soup and a sandwich. 

Do you like Coke?  Yes, I do. / No, I don't.
Would you like some Coke? Yes, I would, thank you. / Yes, please.     
OR   No, thank you. 

What does she like to eat?  She likes to eat spaghetti with meatballs.
Did she like vegetables when she was a child? 
           Yes, she did.  / No, she didn't. 

 She has a bag like mine. (Here like means "similar to".)    

No comments: