Monday, February 20, 2023

PARTS 6 + 7 from Sample Test

  Some NOTES on parts 6 and 7   

  • Be careful about writing too much or too little. "How are you?" is not necessary to begin your email. 
  • You will lose points if you do not include all 3 parts of the email or write about all three pictures for the story. 
  • Proper nouns (names, days of the week, months, cities, etc.) and I MUST be capitalized: Saturday, February, Rome, (NOT i 
  • my friends and I   NOT   me and my friends   
  • be careful to use the correct verb tense and use it correctly. 
  • PUNCTUATION. Sentences end with a period ( . full stop) or an exclamation mark (!) Questions need a ?
  • we HAVE a picnic or GO ON a picnic
  • TIME: 6 o'clock /  6 p.m. / 4:30 / 4
  • Use words you know how to spell correctly. Some common misspellings: which (not witch); together, with, sandwich, picnic
  • MEET: We can meet at the station. (incontrare) BUT I am happy to meet you. (conoscere)

 PART 6 
Question 31
You are going shopping with your English friend Pat tomorrow. Write an email to Pat.
Say:

  • where you want to meet
  • what time you want to meet
  • what you want to buy
Write 25 words or more.
Here are two examples:

Hi Pat,
I want to meet you at the shopping center tomorrow at 10 a..mI want to buy a watch and a pair of basketball shoes. 
See you then.
Mary
(26 words)
--------------------------

Hi Pat,
I am so happy to go shopping tomorrow because I would like to buy a necklace for my mom's birthday. Why don't we meet at the cafeteria outside the shopping center at 2 p.m.?
See you tomorrow.
Mary
(35 words)

 ********************************** 

 PART 7 
Examples:
1)  Yesterday my friends and I put food in my bag for a picnic. We went to the park and ate our lunch by the lake. It was warm, so after lunch, two friends went swimming.
(35words)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2)  Last weekend my friends and I decided to have a picnic. First, we made sandwiches and filled my bag with fruit and some drinks. Then we went to the park where we ate our lunch on a blanket by the lake.  Later, Bob and Mary went swimming, while Peter and I talked. 
(52 words)

For more help with writing, click on a category under LABELS.

No comments: