Friday, March 8, 2019

Help for Part 6

REMEMBER: 
  • Use the correct form, add a closing statement, sign your name, and write the number of words. You must write a minimum of 25 words. You may lose points for writing less. 
  • Do NOT use BYE BYE, or BUY (buy means comprare) or YOURS (use Your friend,) to close your emails. 
  • Read carefully. There are always 3 parts to carry out. For each one you don't answer, you lose one point!
  • Do NOT change what they ask you to write about. If it is a football match, don't change it to volleyball.
  • Be sure to write in the correct verb tense. (present, past, continuous)
  • Use the correct punctuation and capital letters when necessary. ALWAYS begin your email with a capital letter.
  • Spelling is important. togheter = together; untill = until; amasing = amazing

B. Please note the important phrases at the end of this post. 

B. Your English friend, Roger, has got a digital camera. You'd like to use it.
Write an email to Roger:
  • ask if you can use his camera
  • say why you need his camera
  • ask when you can collect his camera
Write 25 -35 words. write the email on your answer sheet.

 Hi Roger,
Can I use your digital camera? (6 words) I need it for a school project. (7 words) When can I collect your digital camera? (7 words) 
Let me know. (3 words)  
Maria  
6+7+7+3 = 23 words is not enough. You must add at least 2 more words.) 

Can I please use your digital camera? (7 words) I need it for a project at school. (8 words) When can I collect your digital camera? (7 words) 
Let me know. (3 words)    
Maria 
7+8+7+3 = 25 the minimum

Here are other possible solutions:
Ask to use his camera:
Could I please borrow your digital camera? (7 words)
Could / Would you please lend me your digital camera? (8 words)
Would you mind lending me your digital camera? (8 words)

Say why you need his camera:
I need your camera because mine is broken and I have to take some photos for a school project. 
(19 words)
I need it because I'd like to take some photos of my family / new bike / class / my new puppy. 
(13/14 words)
I am going on a school trip and would like to take some photos.  (14 words)
I'd like to use it for a project I am doing at school.  (13 words)
Mine is old and doesn't work well. (7 words)

Ask when you can collect his camera:
What time can I collect your camera? (7 words)
When can I pick up your camera?  
 (7 words)
Is it all right if I collect your camera tomorrow after school?  (12 words)
Can I collect your camera tomorrow afternoon?  (7 words)

Closing your email:
Let me know.
Call me when you can to let me know.
Thanks so much!  / Thank you so much!
Your friend,
See you soon.

Be sure to sign your name.



No comments: