Thursday, March 28, 2019

Be careful for these common mistakes


 WRONG  //  RIGHT        
Do you like (pizza)?  Yes, I like.  //    Yes, I do.

She's name is Carla.    //  Her name is Carla.
Click HERE for a pronoun review.


What's your sport?  //   What sports do you do?

You have a family?    //    Do you have a family? 
What is your work?   //    What is your job?
I'm from French.    //       I'm from France. 
Have you (an uncle)?  //  Do you have (an uncle)?
I'm from in Spain.    //    I'm from Spain. 

Do you have pets?   //   Do you have any pets?  Do you have any animal?   /Do you have any pets? 
I have 18 years.    //   I am 18.  /  I am 18 years old.  
Do you like travel?   //  Do you like to travel?  / Do you like traveling?

What do you do in your free time?  I watching TV.  //   I watch TV.

in my weekends.  //   on weekends / at the weekends
I return at home.  //  I return home. 
on your free time   //   in your free time

I practice any sport.   /I don't do any sports.
practice is a noun with sports: I have football practice this afternoon. 
it is a verb with instruments: I practice the piano four hours a day. 

Listen to

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some mistakes are hard for students to correct. This must be true for many languages.