Tuesday, April 2, 2019

PRONOUNS

SUBJECT pronoun-verb-OBJECT pronoun
I see you.                          
You see me.                           
She sees him.                        
He sees her.
She sees it.
It sees us.
We see them.
They see us.

Object pronouns are also used after a preposition: 
Please give it to me. 
Don't give them to us.

POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVE pronouns are used before a noun and can be before or after the verb: 
That is my book.
Your book is on the table. 

POSSESSIVE pronouns replace a noun: 
Whose backpack is this? It's
mine. 
Is that your sandwich? No, it's hers.
Those aren't my keys, they're yours.

Use a REFLEXIVE pronoun when the same person is the subject and object of the verb. 
I taught myself how to cook.
(You) Tell me about yourself. 
He looked at himself in the mirror.
She is talking to herself.
It can turn itself off if you use a timer.
We enjoyed ourselves.
Are you enjoying yourselves
They always talk about themselves.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the help. This is very useful.

Prof O said...

My pleasure. I am happy to be of help and that you use my blog.

Anonymous said...

very good work!

suvo said...

Great Post Thanks for Shearing. i Read your Blog every day.Please write more about this topics.it very bothersome to tell the reality then again I’ll definitely come back again.Please write more about this topics.
More